Sweets For The Holidays!
As we head into the holidays you’ll probably be looking for some chocolatey treats for the kids and any guests you may be having over. That’s why when I saw this great coffee cupcake recipe over at EricasSweetTooth.com I thought it would be a good one to post for you. After all not only are you getting a brownie cupcake with two different kinds of coffee in it, you’re also getting a frosting with coffee in it as well. Just make sure you have a lot of cupcake tins available for this one.
The Ingredients For The Cupcakes:
- ½ cup of butter that has been melted.
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- 1/3rd cup of canola oil.
- 2 teaspoons of coffee syrup.
- 1 tablespoon of espresso powder.
- ¾ cup of flour.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- 1 tsp of baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks.
- ½ cup of sugar.
Ingredients For Frosting:
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of room temp. butter.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- 3 tablespoons of coffee syrup.
Mixing Directions For The Cupcakes:
- This recipe makes quite a few muffins so you will need eight muffin tins along with cupcake liners.
- Next preheat your oven to 350°.
- Mix together the cocoa powder, coffee syrup, espresso powder, oil and butter in a bowl. Stir until smooth.
- In a second bowl whisk together the salt, baking powder, flour and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer with a bowl or a hand mixer with a separate bowl beat the eggs. Once the eggs are thoroughly mixed add the sugar and vanilla and mix well. Next add the cocoa and coffee mixture and continue beating until thoroughly mixed. Switch the mixer to a low speed; slowly add the flour and baking soda mixture, mixing until just combined. Now using a hand spatula, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Portion out the batter into your muffin tins filling each cell to about three quarters of the way full.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for about five minutes after removal from the oven and then transfer to a wire rack to complete the cooling process.
Mixing Instructions For The Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer with a bowl or a hand mixer with a separate bowl beat the room temperature butter for 2 to 3 minutes until it has a light and fluffy texture.
- Reduce the mixers speed to a medium-low setting, slowly combine the powdered sugar and beat for another two minutes until smooth.
- Combine the coffee syrup and vanilla to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Ladle the frosting into a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off or if you happen to have one a piping bag.
- To complete the cupcakes press a small cookie cutter into the center of each cupcake and use a small spoon to scoop some of the cupcake out down to the depth of the cookie-cutter (approximately half the depth of the cupcake).
- Next squeeze the frosting into the hollowed out portion of the cupcake and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Some of the links in the article above may be affiliate links and earn us a small commission if you decide to purchase an item.