Tomorrow when you’re looking for snack to go along with your coffee break you’ll wish that you had made a dozen of these muffins today. These Coffee And Chocolate Chunk Muffins are more than worth the time and effort to make them and when I saw the recipe over at Royal Cup Coffee.com I knew that they would be a winner. So I immediately made some. Let me tell you they do not disappoint and the only thing you might want to consider changing would be the type of chocolate chips you use. I mean after all you do have a whole raft of choices when it comes the chocolate chips such as semi-sweet, milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate.
- 2/3 cup of milk.
- 4 tbsps. (½ stick) of melted butter.
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract.
- 3 tbsps. of strong-brewed coffee.
- 1 egg.
- 2 cups of flour.
- 1 cup sugar (save 2 tablespoons for sprinkling later).
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chunks.
- 2 tsps. of baking powder.
- 1/4 tsp of salt..
- Heat your oven to 400° F.
- Make some really strong coffee – You can do this by double loading your brewer with grounds or if you’re using a single serve machine set it to brew the smallest cup possible using a dark roast or espresso pod.
- Mix all of the ingredients together into a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Scoop the batter into 12 muffin cups that you have coated with cooking spray.
- Pop into the oven and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle tops with saved sugar then bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until they are done and sugar is crystallized.
To see the full post and other articles click the link below.