Tomorrow when you’re looking for snack to go along with your coffee break you’ll wish that you had made a dozen of these muffins today. These Coffee And Chocolate Chunk Muffins are more than worth the time and effort to make them and when I saw the recipe over at Royal Cup Coffee.com I knew that they would be a winner. So I immediately made some. Let me tell you they do not disappoint and the only thing you might want to consider changing would be the type of chocolate chips you use. I mean after all you do have a whole raft of choices when it comes the chocolate chips such as semi-sweet, milk chocolate, dark chocolate and white chocolate.
- 2/3 cup of milk.
- 4 tbsps. (½ stick) of melted butter.
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract.
- 3 tbsps. of strong-brewed coffee.
- 1 egg.
- 2 cups of flour.
- 1 cup sugar (save 2 tablespoons for sprinkling later).
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chunks.
- 2 tsps. of baking powder.
- 1/4 tsp of salt..
- Heat your oven to 400° F.
- Make some really strong coffee – You can do this by double loading your brewer with grounds or if you’re using a single serve machine set it to brew the smallest cup possible using a dark roast or espresso pod.
- Mix all of the ingredients together into a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Scoop the batter into 12 muffin cups that you have coated with cooking spray.
- Pop into the oven and bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle tops with saved sugar then bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until they are done and sugar is crystallized.
To see the full post and other articles click the link below.
Some of the links in the article above may be affiliate links and earn us a small commission if you decide to purchase an item.