Wireless Control From Your Phone.
Wi-Fi technology is finding its way into every conceivable nook and cranny of our lives and we knew it was only a matter of time before it found its way into our coffeemaker. Well that time has arrived with the Mr Coffee Optimal Brew Smart Coffeemaker. This coffeemaker now makes it possible for you to control your coffee maker from just about anywhere you may be.
The machine implements what’s known as Wemo technology, which is the brainchild of Belkin International. What is Wemo exactly? Wemo is a technology that allows you to control home electronics from just about anywhere you may be, using an app on your smart phone. This family of products at the moment contains things like light switches, receptacle plugs, WebCams and yes even a crockpot. So this coffee maker is just the latest addition in a growing family of products.
As a matter fact this coffeemaker is so new that is not even available on the market at the time of this writing, although by the time you read this it more than likely it will be. So let’s take a quick look through and see what this new addition to home automation has to offer you.
Optimal Brew Smart BVMC-PSTX91WE Details.
- The top item on the list for this coffeemaker is its implementation of Belkin’s Wemo technology, which will allow you to the control the machine no matter where you are by using an app on your smartphone. This app will allow you to adjust the brew time, adjust schedule and set up reminders.
- The Mr. Coffee optimal brew feature will allow you to brew coffee 26% faster and with better flavor.
- The machine is engineered to heat the water used for brewing to 205°F, which is considered the ideal brewing temperature.
- Comes with a 10 cup thermal carafe which will keep your coffee hot and tasting fresher longer.
- The removable filter basket makes adding fresh grounds and removing spent coffee a simple task.
- Comes with a removable water tank to make filling a simple process.
- When you’re not using your smartphone to control your machine there is a manual brew button available on the control panel.
- A Wi-Fi indicator is positioned on the front panel of the machine that lights up to indicate your machine is connected to your home network.
- Apps to control the machine are available for both Android and Apple devices via free download.
It’s at this point we usually start delving into what real people think about a particular machine after they’ve purchased it and used it. Unfortunately that is going to have to wait a while for this machine, since it has not really hit the market or been on the market long enough to generate that kind of user information.
One thing does strike me though and that is the machines control via an app. At first I thought to myself “Do I really need to control my coffee pot from anywhere I might be?” But then after setting my present coffee maker, through that small interface on the front of the machine, it occurred to me that being able to control my brewing preferences through my Samsung Note 2 might just be a more pleasant experience.
Be sure to bookmark this page because as soon as we are able to gather more information on how owners really feel about this machine we will post it here.
To get more information on this machine, to read any possible reviews or to place a preorder simply click on the link below.
Some or all of the links above may be affiliate links, which means that we will be paid a small commission if you should decide to make a purchase. This in no way affects the price that you will pay for the product upon ordering.[googleplusauthor]