And 25 Grind Settings!
Are you a big fan of grinding your own coffee beans? If you are and then you know that getting the perfect grind for the type of brew you’re trying to make is absolutely essential. Another essential element in trying to get that perfect grind is achieving a uniform size in your grind particles. This in itself may not be as easy as you think.
Tell me if you’ve tried this. You went down and picked up an inexpensive coffee grinder at your local store and when you got it home and set to using it the grind it produced either look like rubble or fine powder. Either way it was not a uniform grind. This was because that inexpensive coffee grinder very likely had a whirling blade in the bottom of. That blade did not grind anything, it simply slammed into the bean and chopped it into a million pieces, none of which were even close to being the same size.
This is where conical burr grinders come into the picture and one of the finest out there on the market is the Breville Smart Grinder. No this is not a cheap grinder, but it’s as far above that little whirly bird grinder you bought as a human being is above a monkey. So let’s take a tour of the Breville BCG800XL and see what it has to offer its prospective owner.
Smart Grinder Details:
- This grinder comes with a myriad of 25 grind settings, which will take you all the way from a French press grind all the way up to superfine espresso.
- The unit comes with a backlit LCD screen that displays the functions that the grinder is presently set for. These items include a customized grind amount, the grind setting and the number of cups or shots that it is set for.
- An item called Dosing IQ has been incorporated into the machine which automatically re-calibrates the dose every time you change the grind setting.
- The detachable bean hopper is capable of holding one full pound of coffee beans and comes with an airtight lid and locking system. When you finish grinding and have beans leftover simply detach the hopper and store it at the proper temperature.
- Hands-free grinding is also the order of the day and it allows you to grind directly into the grinds container, portafilter, filter basket and even a simple paper filter.
- The meat and potatoes of this machine is the conical burr grinder, which is specifically designed to minimize heat. This heat minimization means that the delicate oils in the coffee bean will not be burned during the grinding process.
- Let’s say you want a little bit more or a little bit less grind than what is being provided by the machine. No problem the Smart grinder comes with a manual adjustment that will change the precalculated amount to suit your own taste.
- Two accessories included are portafilter cradles, with one being a large 58 mm (2.28 inches) any other a smaller 50/54 mm (1.97/2.13 inches).
- A grind container with a sealing lid Is also included.
- The footprint of this Breville grinder is a mere 6 x 8.2 x15.5” tall and weighs in at 6 pounds.
I know you’re thinking that this all sounds great, but what do real people think about this grinder once they taken the plunge and purchased it. The good news is that this Breville machine has been able to grab a 4.1 star out of 5 rating from reviewers. Here is a representative comment from one happy customer.
“The search has ended!, October 4, 2013
This is an amazing grinder. It is efficient and quick. The noise is a bit loud but not obtrusive because it doesn’t wake my hubby when I grind coffee in the morning. I have had many grinders over the years and was always looking for a better one, I no longer look for new grinders!!”
So there you have it if you’re looking for a coffee grinder that definitely stands out in the pack then this Breville burr grinder is what you’ve been searching for.
For more information, to read more customer reviews or to purchase simply click on any image and a new window will open to fulfill your request.
Some or all of the links above may be affiliate links, which means that we will be paid a small commission if you should decide to make a purchase. This in no way affects the price that you will pay for the product upon ordering.[googleplusauthor]