Sleek And Ultra-Compact!
JURA Elektroapparate AG or simply Jura as it is known is a Swiss company that was founded in 1931 and has been a pioneer in automatic coffee and espresso machines. The company’s main office is located in in Niederbuchsiten, Switzerland but also has a bases in other countries in Europe, Southeast Asia and the United States. In addition all of Jura’s automatic coffee and espresso machines are manufactured in Switzerland to exacting standards.
One of those automatic machines is the Jura Ena Micro 1. The micro 1 is a stylish ultra-compact single serve espresso and coffee maker that will not only use whole bean coffee, but preground coffee as well. Like all of Jura’s automatic machines that possess the bean to cup feature it will grind the beans, tamp the grind, brew the coffee and then automatically dispose of the grounds into an integrated coffee grounds container.
So let dive in and look a little deeper into what this single serve fully automatic coffee machine has to offer its potential owner. Here is a list of the features offered on this machine right out of the box.
Ena Micro 1 Details:
- Contains the Intelligent Pre-Brew Aroma System, which per-moistens the coffee powder before the actual brewing process starts.
- The machine has an integrated dosing chute with powder recognition, giving you the ability to use preground coffee.
- The coffee spout is adjustable from 2 inches to 5.5 inches in height.
- You can easily adjust the amount of water dispensed for each cup as well as the coffee strength levels.
- The detachable water tank has a capacity of 37 ounces and the spent coffee grounds container will hold approximately 9 spent servings of grounds.
- The integrated whole bean container holds 4.4 ounces of whole beans and has a monitored aroma preservation cover.
- The manually adjustable multilevel conical grinder can adjust your coffee grind from coarse to fine.
- This machine also incorporates an integrated rinsing, descaling and cleaning program as well as an adjustable water hardness feature.
- A CLEARYL filter cartridge has been added into the water tank which will eliminate descaling worries if used.
- A high-performance 15 bar pump and Thermo block heating system are also part of this machine.
- Rounding out the list of features are intelligent pre-heating, sensitive touchscreen technology and symbol display.
- The Micro 1 measures 9” x 12 ¾” x 17 ½” and tips the scales at 19.1 pounds.
Yes the Jura Ena Micro 1 is a nifty little piece of equipment with lots of features that according to its manufacturers will provide you the perfect cup of espresso or coffee automatically time after time. The real question is what do folks like you and me have to say about it once they’ve gotten it home and had a chance to use it?
The good news is that as of the writing of this review this Jura machine enjoys a 4.6 stars out of 5 rating. This means that over 86% of those that left a review gave it a 4 star or higher rating the only other machines I can think of that get this kind of rating are the Margaritaville frozen concoction makers. Here’s a comment from one happy reviewer…
Mark from Costa Mesa.
“Hands down, this is the best coffee maker that I have ever used. The only thing that could make this better is the ability to provide a continuous water source to the machine. It’s not needed though because it is super easy to setup and use. It makes excellent coffee”. Read more….
Is it all sweetness and light with this coffee machine though? No it isn’t and the one general complaint that seems to surface is the lack of a steaming wand so that you can do steamed milk. If not being able to steam milk is not a big deal breaker for you then this Jura machine may be just the ticket for you. After all it’s reliable, consistent and above all Swiss made.
To get more information on this machine, read more customer reviews or to simply order just click on an image or the order button below and a new window will open to fulfill your request.
Some or all of the links above may be affiliate links, which means that we will be paid a small commission if you should decide to make a purchase. This in no way affects the price that you will pay for the product upon ordering.