A Coffee Maker That Delivers Excellent Coffee!
The Technivorm Company is located in the Netherlands and creates products that serve customers throughout the world. The company is known for producing extremely reliable equipment that is simple to operate. In addition they use materials that are fully recyclable or biodegradable in the manufacture of their products.
Technivorm not only manufactures coffee brewers for home use, but for small office use and caterers as well as coffee grinders. The coffee brewer will be concerning ourselves with here in this overview is the Moccamaster Coffee Maker, so let’s dive in and take a quick look at this high-end drip coffeemaker.
Technivorm Moccamaster Model KBT-741 Details.
The Moccamaster is a vacuum coffee your that is fast and quiet as well as being powerful and will produce outstanding pots of coffee. This machine is also available in two forms as a glass carafe model and a thermal carafe model. Below we have presented you with some of the numerous features that are available on these machines.
- The machine will brew full pots or half pots of coffee in as little as four minutes.
- The brew basket comes with a manual drip stop.
- If you’re looking for consistency this machine brews at 196 to 205°F time after time allowing for the perfect brewing experience.
- The copper heating element included in the machine will automatically shut off after each brew cycle is complete.
- Comes as both a thermal and glass carafe model.
- The water tank has a wide mouth for easy filling and has clearly marked graduations indicating water level.
- The glass carafe model contains an auto shutoff feature that automatically turns off the machines warming plate at the end of two hours.
- Machine has a very intelligent design an unusual style.
- The thermal model has a white button that is depressed when the carafe is being slid into place to ensure that no coffee can be dispensed unless the carafe is properly placed.
- The footprint of the machine is 15.5 inches tall x 10 inches wide x 6 inches deep weighing 4.8 pounds.
Well there you have the technical aspects of the Moccamaster KBT-741 but what do real people think about this machine once they get it home and have had a chance use it? After all as drip coffee machines go this is one of the most expensive ones that you could buy. Amazingly though these machines are currently sporting a four-star rating out of five and it is clear that they are well-liked. Here’s a representative comment from one happy customer.
Best Coffeemaker!, Adam S. Breckenridge
My wife and I had had our eye on this coffeemaker for some time. Finally, we broke down and bought it. It is the greatest coffeemaker we’ve ever encountered! It brews our coffee extremely and consistently hot. The thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot and with no hot plate it stays fresh longer. It’s easy to use and easy to keep clean. We highly recommend this product to serious coffee lovers!
The big question is though what are the drawbacks associated with this machine? Aside from the price the biggest customer complaints that come about are the fact that there is no clock so auto brewing can be set up and the fact that the carafe in the thermal model brews with an open top that must be screwed on after brewing is complete.
As a response these two complaints I say that it’s pretty obvious there is no clock and auto brewing is not mentioned in the features, so it was pretty obvious before it was purchased. As far as the thermal carafe having an open brew I can see how that would be annoying but in no way a deal breaker.
So there you have it a complete overview of the good and the bad associated with this coffeemaker. To get more information, read additional customer reviews or to buy this machine simply click on your choice of machine below.
Some or all of the links above may be affiliate links, which means that we will be paid a small commission if you should decide to make a purchase. This in no way affects the price that you will pay for the product upon ordering.[googleplusauthor]